Saturday, September 28, 2013

Still here at Tamarac

What a dreary day today was.  It started raining last night and didn’t stop until late this afternoon.  Ugh! 

IMG_0312

This was the view out my table window most of the day.  The wind was whipping around too, so I hope all the leaves aren’t blown off of the trees.

_MG_9474

Yesterday while Emma was outside, she started barking in a most unusual way.  I hopped outside to find this big salamander trying to cross the patio.  Emma didn’t harm it, but really didn’t know what to do about it.  It eventually made its way across the patio and under the rig.

As for the refrigerator, I’m going to be here for a while longer.  I really don’t want to go into all of the details, but the first available date for someone to come out and fix it is October 7.  I’ve decided to sit and wait instead of trying to travel somewhere else and wait there.  I have the fridge and freezer up in the bunkhouse to use here in the meantime, and the staff will help me get the thing out of where it is installed and onto my floor so the repair person can work on it easily.  I think it is the best decision for me.

IMG_4575

So, I’ve got several days before the repair person arrives, and I’m feeling that parts will probably need to be ordered before I can leave.  I’ll probably be late to my next assignment in Louisiana, but that’s the way it goes.  Sometimes life gets in the way of the best plans.

IMG_4594

The sun finally returned about five this afternoon, so Emma and I made a quick run up the hill to take a look at Flat Lake.  Not as many swans were around as usual, but the pair of bald eagles was there along with about 20 ring-billed gulls.  With the passing of the front, I’m thinking temps will be dipping a bit tonight. 

It’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get some nice views of the fall colors on the refuge while I’m making my trip to buy more ice.  According to the news, colors are about 75% peak right now.  That’s the positive thing about this delay.  I’ll get to see the peak colors up here.  There’s also the Tamarac Fall Festival next weekend that I’ll be able to help out with.

IMG_4589

                                                                              THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment